In this updated report, Gartner analysts define the key requirements for CWPP solutions, noting that:
Market Guide for Cloud Workload Protection Platforms
“The shift to cloud-native application development using container-based application architectures, microservices-based applications and adoption of serverless PaaS requires new CWPP capabilities both for development and at runtime. Cloud-native applications require specific solutions designed to address the protection requirements of cloud-based systems.” *
Among its recommendations in the report, Gartner is advising its clients to seek solutions that offer:
- "Support for Windows, Linux and Linux containers (with explicit support for Kubernetes), and support for serverless function scanning and runtime protection.
- Licensing portability across on-premises and public cloud deployments.
- Integrated CSPM (cloud security posture management) / KSPM (Kubernetes security posture management) capabilities (typically charged for separately). * "
Aqua Security is proud to be listed by Gartner as a Representative Vendor for Cloud Workload Protection Platforms.
Get the full Gartner report today!
* Gartner, “Market Guide for Cloud Workload Protection Platforms”, Neil MacDonald, Tom Croll, 12 July 2021.
- GARTNER is a registered trademark and service mark of Gartner, Inc. and/or its affiliates in the U.S. and internationally, and is used herein with permission. All rights reserved.
- Gartner does not endorse any vendor, product or service depicted in its research publications, and does not advise technology users to select only those vendors with the highest ratings or other designation. Gartner research publications consist of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization and should not be construed as statements of fact. Gartner disclaims all warranties, express or implied, with respect to this research, including any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.